Ferr2D Terrain Tool
A downloadable tool
Ferr2D Terrain Tool lets you quickly create hand-crafted 2D/2.5D landscapes and levels!
No tile-sets, no placing tons of objects, no manually tweaking piles of collider objects. Just pick or create a terrain material, and set up a path! Edges switch texture automatically, and colliders create themselves!
Ready for 2017.4 and 2018.x, and 2019.x! Check out the new segment locking mode!
- Path based design for rapid development and iteration!
- An easy-to-use path editor that allows for extreme control!
- 4 auto edges, plus additional edges through edge overrides!
- Flexible settings: make interiors, exteriors, plants, pipes!
- Smart snapping, world snapping, relative snapping. Snip snap!
- Wavy shaders for grass, leaves, and other effects!
- Fast per-pixel and per-vertex 2D lighting shaders!
- Optimized with mobile performance in mind!
- 2D or 3D colliders, so you can collide however you like!
- Collider corner settings for every occasion!
- Separate physics materials for different edges!
- Custom editors for quick creation of terrain materials!
Ferr2D has been widely used since 2013, so there are many fine examples of Ferr2D in the wild! You can find award winning games using Ferr2D on every major platform, from mobile phones and PS Vita, all the way up to the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One. Here's a few to get you started, but check out the list on the Ferrlib site for a larger list with trailers!
- Splitter Critters - iPhone Game of the Year 2017
- Jenny LeClue - Backed on Kickstarter
- Light Fall - Game Connection: Best Hardcore Game
- ...Much more
The package comes with a collection of different demos. You can try out the WebGL builds of these demos right here! Most of the demos show how you can use the terrain and put together a scene. Also included are an example of using code to edit a Ferr2D terrain during runtime, and an example of assembling an infinite runner style procedural landscape.
- Full source provided
- Requires one license per seat
- Can be used for creating unlimited applications
- Can be distributed in binary or object form only
- Commercial use allowed
- Can modify source-code but cannot distribute modifications
- Read the full license here
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $30 USD. You will get access to the following files: